For mounting fiberglass acoustical panels with two-part clips.
This installation method uses a wall-mounted hanger bar (Wall Bar) and an Impaling Z-Clip to wall mount fiberglass acoustical panels. Engaging the two-part clip requires ¾’’ of space above each panel. Installation is as follows:
- Lay out panel location on wall.
- Note that a minimum ¾’’ clearance at the panel top.
- Impale the Impaling Z-Clips to the back of the panels matching the layout of the Z-Clips.
- Measure the Z-Clip locations on the back of the panel and transfer to the wall or ceiling.
- Lift panel so Impaling Z-Clips in the back of the panel are above the Wall Bars. Drop panel down until ZClips fully engage in Wall Bars.
- This installation technique will leave a ¾’’ reveal between the ceiling and the top of the panel.
- Use the following guide to determine the number of clip locations required.
|Panel Size||Number of Z-Clip Locations|
|16 SF or Less||4|
|17 to 32 SF||6|
|33 to 50 SF||8|
Note: Due to variations in fiberglass thickness, some shimming may be required to align the panel edges.